Information and timeline regarding Year 6 to 7 Transition for Kananook Primary Students.
Dear parents and carers,
Video 1: an explanation of the application form
- Please watch the video provided by Miss. Bull, which further explains the application process.
- The school will be posting the application forms to Year 6 students in week 2 or 3 of Term 2.
- Your pack will include the yellow parent checklist that is below and the Year 7 application form.
- If you would like a digital copy of the form to fill out, click the following link: Year 7 placement information pack and online application form
Other important links:
Video 2: an explanation of the application form continued
SUMMARY TIMELINE FROM THE DEPARTMENT:
As part of the revised timeline, the date that parents/carers are required to return their Application for Year 7 Placement 2021 form is Friday 29 May 2020
(previously Wednesday 15 May).
Primary schools will notify families of their child’s Year 7 placement offer on Wednesday 19 August 2020 (previously Wednesday 5 August).
The adjusted timeline still includes the statewide placement appeals process. The revised dates are now as follows:
- Monday 31 August (previously 17 Aug) - Closing date for parents/carers to lodge a written appeal with their preferred secondary school.
- Friday 11 September (previously 28 Aug) - Secondary schools provide parents/carers with written notification of appeal outcome.
- Friday 25 September (previously 11 Sept) - Closing date for parents/carers to lodge a written appeal with relevant Regional Director (RD).
- Friday 30 October (unchanged) - Regions notify parents/carers of the outcome of RD appeal.
- FRANKSTON HIGH SCHOOL VIRTUAL TOUR: http://www.fhs.vic.edu.au/enrolment/school-tours/
There are currently no plans to alter the date of the statewide Orientation Day. This event remains scheduled for Tuesday 8 December 2020.MONTEREY SECONDARY COLLEGE (KPS FEEDER SCHOOL: INFO)
Miss. Bull - Transition Coordinator.