SCHOOL HOLIDAYS COMMENCED ON 24TH MARCH 2020 AND EXTEND UNTIL WEDNESDAY 15TH APRIL.
We encourage all children and families to take a break from formal education at this time. We look forward to working closely with our Kananook community during Term 2 and beyond.
Our home learning tab will be repopulated once Term 2 commences.
For students in Years 3,4,5 and 6
Suggested Daily ScheduleTheme
Literacy and Numeracy
Your child should have access to books borrowed from school and has been trained to practice their reading by reading to self, reading to someone and listening to reading. We encourage you to take the time to enjoy these wonderful experiences together with your child. For further information regarding strategies to use and to upskill yourself on how we teach reading at Kananook, visit our Parenting Pipeline tab.
- Students can also listen to reading by logging onto 'EPIC BOOKS' online.
- For students in the 4/5/6 classes, the class code is DCH9713.
- For students in 3/4S, the class code is ZVB1173.
- Each student also has a Literacy Planet password and teachers can also set individual tasks via this online resource.
- Choose a book that has been read and complete the comprehension grid.
Seesaw student and parent codes were sent out throughout Term 1 and on the Open night held earlier this year.
This is a fantastic platform allowing:
- Students to post their work for parents and teachers to see.
- Teachers can assign activities and comment on student work.
- Parents can also like and comment on their child's work that they submit.
Please be aware that all posts and comments have to approved
by the teacher before it goes on the journal. Other parents can not see your child's work, however other students can.Online Learning
Students also have access to a number of online learning subscriptions we have available at Kananook. Students can access the following on a computer or you can also download the applications:
The following publication from The Victorian Department of Education and Training has outstanding advice and information about incorporating Numeracy and Literacy exposure in everday activities. A very worthy read.Literacy and Numeracy Tips- to help your child everyday, a guide for parents of children aged 0-12